RRYard.com

RRYard.com
Routes, Scenarios and Resources for the RailWorks 3 Train-Simulator.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

KAHD Update. Dec.01.2011

Another update here for my King's Arm Highway Deluxe route project.

Well, it's been a lot of time and work to get to this point, but this route, and the scenarios that go with it, are now in the Beta-Testing stage.

I have a few friends I've made in the RailWorks community over the last 2 to 3 years, and some of them generously volunteered to help me me with some Beta-Testing.

Now that I have most of the scenarios completed and which seem to be working well, over the next week or so, I'll be doing some final extra additions of a bit more scenery along some parts of the route.

Also, if any of my Beta-Testers find anything that needs some fixing, then I'll take care of that too. If all goes well, I should have this route ready for release real soon (I'm hoping a week or two before Christmas).

I've made more Standard Scenarios over these last few days, along with several Freeroam ones as well.

Though my route is built using all default assets, and the scenarios make use of default trains, just for fun and to add a bit more variety, I'm also going to include an optional "Bonus Snowplow Scenario addon" for the KAHD route as well.

The route looks beautiful covered in snow, and the Snowplow addon is a "work of art". The attention to detail is incredible, it really kicks-up quite a nice spray of snow (especially when getting up to speed a bit), and one can even hear the "rumbling" sound of the snow-plow working as it rolls along the tracks.

My "Bonus Snowplow Scenario addon" will include a Standard-Scenario taking place on a Winter's eve during a bad snow-storm, and also a Freeroam, during the daytime with some lighter snow-falling.

Below are a few screen-shots taken from the Snowplow scenarios (click on a screen-shot to view in larger size):

The Snowplow is attached and ready for action

A view from the front of the plow as it clears snow from the tracks


Clearing the tracks of snow

The Snowplow can really kick-up quite a nice spray of snow

In-cab view with the Snowplow doing it's job in front

No comments:

Post a Comment